Big Bend Community College is centrally located in Moses Lake, Washington, three hours east of Seattle in the Pacific Northwest.  The state of Washington is on the West Coast of the United States and should not be confused with Washington D.C.

The community enjoys nearly 300 days of sunshine per year. The good weather, combined with the college’s location adjacent to the Grant County International Airport, makes BBCC a prime training location for commercial pilots and aircraft maintenance technicians.  Students can literally walk from the dormitories to the flight line!

The city gets its name from the lake it surrounds, Moses Lake, one of the state’s largest freshwater lakes. The lake provides several months of swimming, boating, bird watching and other outdoor recreational opportunities for residents and tourists.  The city of Moses Lake is located in Grant County, which has a total population of 88,800.  The population of Moses Lake is 18,800.

Click here for translated documents in Japanese.

Reasons to choose Big Bend.

1. Affordable education

Low-cost tuition

Affordable residence halls

2. Quality education

Small classes

Individualized student attention

Transfer opportunities to excellent U.S. universities

Newest library in the state’s community college system

3. Student life

Diverse recreational activities in the area

Organized student activities

Athletic programs

Follow these steps to get started at Big Bend.

1. Submit Required Documents*

International students must meet the all of the following requirements:

  • Demonstrate English proficiency: Provide an official copy of your English Proficiency test results. Acceptable tests and scores are:  
    • TOEFL internet based test minimum score of 12 on each section
    • IELTS minimum score of 4 on each band
    • Successful completion of a college level English composition class (approved upon review of your official college transcript). English as a Second Language (ESL) classes may not be substituted
  • Show adequate finances to cover all expenses for one academic year (September to June)
  • Finances: You are required to have a minimum of $21,030 (U.S. dollars) for one academic year (September to June). If you are admitted to the Commercial Pilot Program you will be required to have an additional $19,000.00 for one academic year to cover flight fees.  These amounts are estimates and may change.   Financial aid is not available to first year international students in any form, including scholarships, grants or loans. Second year international students may apply for scholarships.
  • Provide documentation of high school completion or equivalent
    • High School Completion: International students must have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent.
    • Please provide an official copy of your academic records showing completion of high school (secondary school).
    • If you would like to have college-level courses from foreign institutions considered for transfer credit, you must submit them to a NASEC-certified international transcript evaluation service. The following link from our webpage provides a list of companies: International Transcript Evaluation.
  • Complete the State of Washington Community College Admission Form: At this time we cannot accept international admissions applications online.
    • Once your application is processed, you will receive an acceptance letter via email that includes your student ID number and information about registering for classes.
  • Provide a legible copy of official government issue identification, preferably a passport

2. I-20 and Visa Information

  • After submitting the required forms, Big Bend Community College will issue the I-20.
  • When you receive your I-20, you must apply for your student visa at the United States Embassy or Consulate closest to your home. Your passport, bank statement, or sponsorship papers and proof of payment of the SEVIS fee (I-901) of $350.00 will be required. Students may go to the following website for more information regarding the SEVIS fee: The government site: “Study in the States” has important information for all international students regarding the F-1 visa process.
  • A $50 tuition deposit is due as soon as you receive your F-1 student visa. Tuition and fees are due after you register.

3. Living on Campus

4. Fill out COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation

5. Tuition Information

(509) 793-2018 | | 1400 bldg

6. Register for Classes

Contact your assigned International Student Advisor listed on your acceptance letter. The advisor will arrange your placement testing for mathematics and English, and assist you with the registration process and throughout your stay at Big Bend Community College.

Required Forms

All required forms can be found on our International Student General Information webpage and in the links below.  Please read all information carefully. 

*All documents must be received at least 60 days prior to the beginning of classes, must be original paper forms or certified copies (except passport copy) and must be mailed to:

Admissions Office
Big Bend Community College
7662 Chanute Street NE
Moses Lake WA 98837 USA

Covid-19 InformationRead More On Covid