Returning Student

If you were previously admitted and have attended Big Bend Community College in the past, please follow these steps to get started again. If you were admitted over one year ago, but did not take any courses at Big Bend, you will need to re-apply. Please follow the steps for new students to re-apply.

1. No Need to Re-Apply

  • If you were previously admitted and attended BBCC, you do not need to complete the Application for Admission.
  • You will use the same Student ID number (SID).
  • IMPORTANT! Some programs have special admissions requirements.

(509) | Admissions Office 1400 bldg

2. Paying For College

(509) | Financial Aid Office, 1400 bldg

3. Submit Official Transcript(s) for College Level Work

  • If you have completed college level work at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution, please submit official transcripts from each institution attended to receive appropriate credit.
  • Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for processing.
  • Visit Admissions for more information.

(509) 793-2061 | | Admissions Office 1400 bldg

4. Math & English Placement Options

(509) | Testing Center, 1400 bldg

5. Register for Classes

Please contact the Admissions Office to prepare for registering for classes. Our Admissions Team will ask for your updated contact information, create your quarterly PIN, provide your registration date and time, and assist you in making an advising appointment if needed. 

0-29 Credits, Mandatory Advising

  • Returning students with less than 30 graded credits are required to meet with their advisor to obtain their quarterly PIN. Your advisor will help you understand how to complete your degree, find essential resources on our website and campus, and select quarterly classes.

Returning Students with 30 or more Credits

  • If you have completed 30 or more credits, the quarterly PIN will be set the same as your global PIN. The default global PIN is the six numbers of your date of birth, formatted mmddyy (only the last two digits of your birth year).
  • Although not required, you are welcome to make an appointment with your
  • Check the Student Kiosk for your registration date and time and the name of your advisor.

6. Pay Tuition

(509) 793-2018 | | 1400 bldg

Help choosing a career

Still deciding? Big Bend Community College provides easy-to-use tools to help you explore, set career goals or make changes along the way.  Let us help you move along a route that is just right for you

Workforce Education Services (WES)

Potential BBCC students can qualify based on: low-income guidelines, military services (past 48 months), displaced homemaker status, receiving or eligible for unemployment benefits, food benefits, or TANF. Services include:

  • financial assistance for tuition and fees
  • books
  • bus passes
  • and emergency support.

Don’t wait, we can guide you through the steps to get started.

TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)

TRIO SSS is a federally funded program that serves FAFSA-eligible students who are first-generation, low-income, or living with a disability.
Services include:

  • academic advising
  • online tutoring
  • transfer support
  • and personal development for its participants.

Interested in joining?

Covid-19 InformationRead More On Covid