Physics Associate in Arts and Science Degree

The Associate in Arts and Science DTA Degree (AA&S) is described thoroughly in the college catalog.  A student majoring in physics will have no problem fulfilling the mathematics or science requirements for that degree (a full year of Calculus and a full year of Engineering Physics take care of those nicely!), but the student should be very mindful of the other requirements for the degree. In addition to the full year of Engineering Physics, the student may want to take the full year of General Chemistry, which is required for a physics major at many schools; check the requirements at your intended transfer school.

Because the physics major requires such a large number of courses in science and mathematics, a better option for a student majoring in physics might be the Associate in Science Degree (a link to a description of that degree is at left).

Since programs differ at each college, students who intend to transfer should consult program outlines published by the college or university.   Students should prepare their quarterly schedules with the assistance of an advisor knowledgeable in this transfer area.

Covid-19 InformationRead More On Covid