(If Qualified, You May be Eligible for Assistance with Tuition and Books or Work-study.)
Are you unemployed?
Are you a dislocated worker enrolled in a professional/technical program or class?
Are you currently collecting unemployment insurance?
If so, you may be eligible for funding through the Worker Retraining Program. Worker Retraining is a partnership between community and technical colleges and the Washington State Employment Security Department to provide job training for dislocated workers, people on unemployment, those facing imminent layoffs, displaced homemakers, and formerly self-employed.
Big Bend Community College offers eligible individuals career counseling and retraining in a range of short-term certificates and one and two year occupational areas; (accounting technology, agriculture, automotive technology, aviation commercial pilot, aviation maintenance technology, business medical services, chemical laboratory technician, child & family education, commercial driver’s license, computing systems, industrial electrical technology, maintenance mechanic technology, microcomputer specialist, nursing/certified assistant, nursing/lpn, nursing adn/rn, office information technology, and welding).
You are eligible for the program if you:
- Are enrolled or will be enrolled in one of the BBCC professional/technical programs listed above,
- Are unemployed, have been laid off, or have received a layoff notice from a Washington State employer and are currently receiving or are eligible to receive Washington state unemployment benefits,
- Have exhausted Washington state unemployment benefits within the past 24 months,
- Have been determined to be a dislocated worker
- Are a displaced homemaker
- Are formerly self-employed.
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, please complete the Application and do the following:
|Mail Completed Application to:||Contact:|
|Big Bend Community College
Workforce Education Services Coordinator