Veteran’s Educational Assistance

Font Size: Larger /Smaller

Veterans Educational Assistance

vet ed 3

Students who have been discharged from the military or who are in the selected reserves may be eligible for money for school from the Veteran’s Affairs department.  There is an application process, and the student must be enrolled in an approved program.  The VA Coordinator will send certification of credits enrolled for each quarter to the VA. 

The Veteran Reporting Form must be completed and submitted to the BBCC Veteran’s Coordinator, along with:

(1) A copy of DD214-member copy 4

(2) Certificate of Eligibility from VA

(3) Prior military or higher education transcripts sent to Admissions for credit evaluation

(4) Any other documents requested by the Veterans Coordinator

Eligibility for Veterans Benefits will be determined by the VA.  Go to to apply for benefits.  Veterans’ are eligible to apply for benefits under one of the following education programs:

  • Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30):  2 years active duty, 3 years active duty, OR 2 years active duty plus 4 years reserves.
  • Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31): See your Voc. Rehab counselor for requirements.
  • Post 9-11 (Chapter 33):  Servicepersons who served on active duty for at least 90 aggregate days after 9/10/01.
  • Guard/Reserve (Chapter 1606):  Completion of initial active duty for training.  Must be active reservist with 6-year obligation.
  • REAP (Chapter 1607):  90 days or more active duty support of contingency operation or full-time National Guard duty responding to national emergency.
  • Dependents’ Educational Assistance (Chapter 35):  Veteran’s death or permanent and total disability as a result of service.


Click HERE for more information and resources related to becoming a student and transitioning to civilian life.

For information regarding college credit for military service or schools, please see our Military Transfer Credit Policy.

For further assistance and additional information, contact the BBCC Veteran’s Coordinator at 509-793-2452.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email