The eligibility requirements for the TRIO SSS Program are determined by federal guidelines. All students must meet the following criteria to eligible for TRIO SSS services.
- First, you must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and be enrolled at BBCC in a degree/certificate program.
- Preference is given to students who have an intent to transfer
- In addition, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student (neither parent or primary caregiver has completed a bachelor’s degree), or
- Meet the low-income guidelines (based taxable income and family size as determined by the table below), or
Federal TRIO-SSS Programs Current-Year Low-Income Levels Size of Family Family Taxable Income 1 $19,140.00 2 $25,860.00 3 $32,580.00 4 $39,300.00 5 $46,020.00 6 $52,740.00 7 $59,460.00 8 $66,180.00
- Have a documented disability (be registered with BBCC Disability Support Services)
- Preference is given to students who are first-generation and low-income or are a student living with a disability
In addition to the above requirements, students must also:
- Demonstrate an academic need (this is determined by the program during the application process)
- Complete the application and turn it into the TRIO-SSS Office located in Building 1400, Room 1433
- Schedule an intake appointment with our TRIO-SSS Director
- Complete a Program Plan with one of our TRIO-SSS Advisor