Mission: To actively and visibly support the mission of Big Bend Community College.
The Big Bend Community College Foundation is the fundraising arm of BBCC-the only institution of higher education in a 4,600-square-mile service district. The Foundation is a nonprofit corporation 501(c)3 existing since 1972. It is governed by a volunteer board of directors.
Limits on state funding and growing enrollment threaten the quality of education offered by comprehensive community colleges like BBCC. To ensure growth and quality, private financial investment in the college through the BBCC Foundation is essential. The Foundation raises funds for scholarships, facilities, equipment and staff development.
About the Foundation
- Foundation policy is set by a board of directors, which meets quarterly.
- The Foundation has four standing committees-Finance, Property, and Personnel, Scholarships, Special Events, and Trusteeship.
- In 1998 the Foundation began an initiative to establish a database of BBCC alumni and began mailing the BBCC Alumni News in 1999. Alumni are now included in fundraising campaigns.
- The Foundation publishes an Annual Report, a booklet “Gaining Through Giving,” and brochures and materials for capital campaigns.
- The Foundation is the U.S. sponsor of the Japanese Agriculture Training Program, an arrangement that has existed since 1965.
BBCC Foundation Board of Directors
Katherine Franz Swinger, Lind, Past Chair
Calvin Greene, Moses Lake, Chair
Howard Skaug, Moses Lake
Angie Clark, Moses Lake
Dr. Terrence (Terry) Leas, Moses Lake
Gary Chandler, Moses Lake
Erika Hennings, Ritzville
Paul Hirai, Moses Lake
Sherry Keeler-Hull, Moses Lake, Vice Chair
Jon Lane, Moses Lake
Vickey Melcher, Odessa
Judy Oakes, Moses Lake
John Townsend, Moses Lake
Ron Cone, Moses Lake
Paul Koethke, Moses Lake
Patti Paris, Moses Lake