The BBCC Testing Center is located in the 1000 building (7976 Bolling St. NE) (across from the Job Corps). From Patton Blvd, turn right on Bolling St. The testing center is on the left. Phone: 509-793-2064
Monday through Thursday 7:30am – 4:30pm
Friday 7:30am – 2:00pm
The Testing Center provides a secure and consistent place for BBCC make-up exams and accommodated exams, as well as a variety of assessments by appointment.
Fee: Paid directly to ACT.
The ACT is a national college admissions exam that consists of four subjects including English, mathematics, science, and reading. The ACT Plus consists of the same four subjects plus a 30-minute writing test.
Please visit the ACT website at www.ACTstudent.org for information and to register. Photo ID required at the test.
Fee $20 ($10 English, $10 math)
Placement testing helps determine your readiness for college classes. This test will help advisors and students select the appropriate classes in math and English. This test is also used to qualify for the Running Start program.
The placement test can be taken no more than two times per year, so come prepared to do your best. Parts of this test are not timed, so schedule your time accordingly. Math scores are valid for a two year period and English scores are valid for five years. If you have not registered for a math or English class by that time, you will need to retest.
If you require an accommodation, please contact the Disabled Services Coordinator at 509.793.2027 prior to scheduling your appointment.
Study guides – A good resource for studying math is www.bigbend.edu/mathvideos or check out the free Accuplacer web-based study app at www.collegeboard.com/accuplacer. A good resource for studying the reading portion of the English test is www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading.pdf.
Placement Test Procedures:
- Tests are given by appointment only. Call the Testing Center 509.793.2064 or stop by in person to schedule at the 1000 building.
- Pay the $20.00 fee ($10.00 for math, $10.00 for English) prior to the test at the Business Office in the 1400 building. If you have not pre-paid for the test, plan to arrive 15 minutes early so you can be at the testing center on time. Having your social security number will aid in assigning you a student identification number.
- You MUST bring your photo ID and receipt of payment to your testing appointment.
- Most of the placement test is not timed, so plan your schedule accordingly.
Test Results –
- Math results available at the completion of the test
- English results available Tuesday of the following week
- WE RELEASE PLACEMENT RESULTS ONLY to the person taking the exam or with written authorization from that person. We cannot release exam scores over the telephone.
The Testing Center provides testing services for many certification exams through Pearson Vue and Certiport.
Pearson Vue – Go to www.pearsonvue.com for information and to schedule testing. Fees paid directly to Pearson Vue.
Certiport – MOS tests are available for BBCC students as well as the general public taking IT Academy classes. Please contact the Testing Center at 509.793.2064 for information on scheduling and any related fees. Members of the general public must present an IT Academy certificate of completion prior to scheduling tests.
To learn more about the IT Academy, visit http://libguides.bigbend.edu/c.php?g=27503&p=169121
The COMPASS test measures accurate placement into math and English courses and is accepted by most colleges. Test results are available immediately upon completion of the test. Photo ID and the receipt of payment are required at the test.
- Tests are given by appointment only. Call the Testing Center 509.793.2064 or stop by in person to schedule.
- Pay the $20.00 fee prior to the test at the Business Office in the 1400 building. If you have not pre-paid for the test, plan to arrive 15 minutes early so you can be at the testing center on time.
- This test is not timed so plan your schedule accordingly.
This is a “credit by exam” test. The proctor fee is $25 and is paid at the Business Office in the 1400 building. The actual test fee will be paid directly to DSST when logging on for the exam. You must bring a credit card to the test to make this payment. Please call the BBCC Testing Center at 509.793.2064 to make a test appointment. Photo ID and receipt for the proctor fee are required at the test.
Free study materials and low-cost practice tests are available at the DSST website www.getcollegecredit.com.
The GED is a high school equivalency exam and measures academic achievement and college readiness for those who did not complete high school. Earning a GED may provide you with better job opportunities and may also help you qualify for financial aid for college.
Who Is Eligible to Test?
- You are at least 16 years old. If you are under 19 years of age, you will need to have the Approval to Test form completed by your last high school attended, or local high school or school district office where you currently reside. If you are under 19 and were home schooled, you will need the completed High School Release form or have the Notarized Statement/Letter for Home School Students.
- You have NOT received a high school diploma.
- You are NOT currently enrolled in high school.
- You reside in the state of Washington.
- You have current, government issued identification which includes your name, address, date of birth, signature, and photo.
GED Test Registration and Scheduling Information
- Go to www.MyGED.com to set up your account and get started. Once you have set up an account, you can take practice tests, schedule tests, reschedule or cancel if needed, pay for the tests, check your scores, and change your profile information. You may also register by calling the Call Center at 877.392.6433.
- You will need an email (Hotmail, Gmail, and YAHOO) are free right from the www.MyGED.com website if you don’t have one.
- You will need a credit card, debit or pre-paid debit card or voucher number to schedule. If you don’t have one, some merchants sell reloadable pre-paid Visa cards. The test fee is $30 per test.
- Photo ID required at the test.
If you have questions about this information, please contact the Testing Center at 509.793.2064.
GED preparation classes are available through BBCC’s ABE/GED program. Please contact 509.793.2301 for additional information.
Already completed the GED and need a transcript? Request one at www.ged.com. Create an account, then from the transcripts tab, click on the appropriate year prompt.
Test fee for students of other colleges: $25
Note: WGU pays for the student proctor fee.
Testing services are provided for both on and off campus students, distance learning exams, and BBCC make-up exams.
Proctored exams are given by appointment only and you can schedule by calling the Testing Center 509.793.2064. It is the student’s responsibility to contact their instructor or college and have the exam sent to the Testing Center. Be sure to confirm that the exam and proctor instructions have arrived prior to your testing appointment. You must bring photo identification and receipt of payment (if required).
Fee: Paid directly to SAT
The SAT tests are used by some colleges and universities to assess your academic readiness for college classes.
Please visit the SAT website www.collegeboard.org for test information and to register for this test. Test fees are paid directly through SAT. Photo ID required at the test. See the SAT website for complete instructions.
Fee: $25 (proctor fee – pay in Business Office, 1400 building).
Fee: $45 (paid directly to ATI) at the time of test (bring credit/debit card)
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is used as a scoring component for application to the BBCC Nursing Program. This is a computer-based test lasting approximately 4 hours. It contains subtests in English, math, science, and reading.
Scheduling procedures –
- TEAS testing is available by appointment only. Call the Testing Center 509.793.2064 for dates and to schedule an appointment. March and April dates can fill up early, so don’t wait to call!
- It can be taken two times per year and the scores are valid for one year. If taken twice in a year, the two scores are averaged.
- Photo ID and receipt of payment ($25) required at the test.
- At the Testing Center, the test is taken on-line at www.atitesting.com. Students should set up their username/password at www.atitesting.com prior to test day. (Do not try to schedule/register for the test – set up username/password only.)
Test Day Information –
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to test time.
- No late admission allowed once the test has started.
- Schedule 4 hours to take the test.
- A valid government-issued photo identification is required, no exceptions.
- Bring your ATI account username and password which will be needed to log into the test.
- Calculators are prohibited. Scratch paper and pencil will be provided.
All personal belongings including but not limited to, cell phones, backpacks, keys, purses, wallets, notebooks, listening devices and other electronic devices, etc., will be locked in secure storage during testing.
All required test fees must be paid at the Business Office in the 1400 building prior to testing. Having your social security number will aid in assigning you a student identification number.