Welcome Big Bend DREAMers!

Font Size: Larger /Smaller

State Financial Aid information for current and returning DREAMer Vikings:

REAL Hope Dreamers Logo. Raising Educational Access, Changing Lives    The Washington Application for State Financial Aid, or the WASFA, is now available for undocumented students to apply for State Need Grant funds. The application can be accessed on ReadySetGrad.org/WASFA, and students should submit it as soon as possible.

On February 26, 2014, Governor Jay Inslee signed into law the REAL Hope Act (SB6523), also known as the Washington Dream Act. This new law expands eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to non-citizens who meet the program’s eligibility requirements in addition to all three residency criteria listed below:

  1. Resided in Washington State for three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school;


    Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma and resided in Washington State for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent of the diploma;


  2. Continuously resided in the State since earning the high school diploma or its equivalent.


  3. Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply*

*Students granted deferred action for childhood arrival (DACA) must also complete and sign the affidavit

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has developed a state application for students who are unable to complete a FAFSA due to immigration status.

This free application—known as the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)—is now available for students to complete online at www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.

Students are strongly encouraged to file the WASFA as soon as possible to maximize their chances of receiving funding for the 2016-17 academic year.

How to Apply

  1. Start a new WASFA. Enter WASFA in the School Name field, then choose WASFA-Big Bend Community College from the drop down menu.
  2. Complete your Big Bend Community College Data Sheet

How Often to Apply

Students who meet the eligibility requirements for REAL Hope should plan on filing a WASFA and BBCC Data Sheet every year they are in college. Once you apply, the participating Washington college(s) you select will use the financial information provided in the WASFA to determine your eligibility to receive the State Need Grant. 

Tips on how to apply: 2016-2017 Big Bend Community College Data Sheet

Scholarships Available to Undocumented Students

Brochure (English)
scholarships-available-to-undocumented-students Screenshot


Print Friendly