Helicopter Training Program

Font Size: Larger /Smaller

Inland Helicoptor Professional Pilot Program

Big Bend Community College’s helicopter program is provided by Inland helicopter and run under Inland Helicopter’s Part 141 certificate. For more information on how to start your helicopter flight training, please click here.


Inland Helicopters is authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to teach our students under Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 141. This places Inland Helicopters on a very short list of helicopter training programs that have proven to the FAA that our Standardized Curriculum meets the rigorous requirements necessary to be a FAR Part 141 Facility.

Our training location at Grant County International Airport in partnership with Big Bend Community College (BBCC) in Moses Lake, Washington offers our Part 141 training. This program is designed as a professional pilot program, which allows students to enter flight training while earning an Associate’s degree in Applied Sciences.

Inland Helicopters partnered with Big Bend Community College (BBCC) offers helicopter flight training to prospective pilots from around the United States and beyond. Inland Helicopters BBCC offers flight training to both private individuals and Veterans. Inland Helicopters is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)* to provide helicopter flight training to career-minded student pilots. Through Inland helicopters BBCC you can feel confident that your choice to enroll will put you on the right pathway toward a successful career in aviation. For a tour or more information please call (509) 793-2085 or e-mail Heathd@bigbend.edu.

Historically, Inland Helicopters has developed a unique partnership with providing aspiring student pilots an opportunity to attend flight school while earning an Associate with an emphasis in flight training for rotorcraft helicopter. Inland Helicopters BBCC has cultivated a mutually beneficial partnership and alliances with Big Bend Community College to leverage each other’s strengths to provide the best possible student outcomes. Inland Helicopters is partnered with Big Bend Community College.

Post 9/11 GI Bill

Active Duty Military and Veterans – GI Bill® Educational Benefits: Attention active military and veterans! You have earned your benefits and we can help you to discover if you are eligible to use your GI Bill® VA educational benefits to attend flight school at Big Bend Community College (BBCC).

Have you always dreamed of flying helicopters? Is it your goal to become a commercial pilot? Do you desire to fly for a living? Are you career-minded and looking for a career in aviation? Then call Inland Helicopters. We are uniquely partnered with Big Bend Community College. We can help you design the perfect civilian career pathway, from the military to college, and fulfill your dreams, reach your career goals, and start your flying as a career helicopter pilot.

Our Student Services Department can help guide you through the admissions process – helping you to apply to use your GI Bill® benefits. If you are eligible your educational benefits can pay for helicopter flight training while working toward earning a college degree.

Through our unique partnership with Big Bend Community College you may be able to pay for flight school training using your GI Bill® benefits (benefits are based on your individual eligibility). For those who have served on active duty after Sept 11, 2001 GI Bill® and VA Benefits Flight Training may be available for Chapter 33 benefits by enrolling in the Professional Pilot Program offered by Big Bend Community College.

GI Bill® Educational Benefits If you are currently serving in the U.S. military, or if you are a military veteran or an employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs, you may be eligible to use your GI Bill® education benefits to attend flight school training. This includes active-duty service members, reservists, and veterans of the armed forces:

  • The Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) reimburses tuition costs through an educational assistance allowance.
  • The Post-9/11 GI Bill® applies direct funds to cover a portion of costs for tuition, fees, housing and books.
  • Tuition Assistance gives a portion of funds to cover costs of tuition and fees. This program is sponsored by the specific branch of the military you serve.
  • The VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program offers benefits to veterans with service-connected disabilities. Benefits are highly individual. Inland Helicopters BBCC does not have the ability to adjudicate which type of benefit a student will receive. However, Big Bend Community College’s staff can assist those who qualify with the appropriate forms and necessary paperwork. Inland Helicopters (Part 61 & Part 141 flight school) is in association with Big Bend Community College which offers Veterans flight school college courses (Professional Pilot Programs) that might be funded through GI Bill® benefits. Call us for more information about Veterans Services.

VA and GI Bill® Resources Veteran Educatonal Benefits

Big Bend Community College – Veterans Office 509-793-2034

If you wish to use your VA benefits to attend flight school you should first apply for your benefits at www.gibill.va.gov. After you complete the online steps, your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) will be sent to you in the mail. To apply for your G.I. Bill benefits go to the VA website (online application) or call the Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Customer Service Hotline at 888.442.4551 (request to have an application form mailed to you). Veterans interested in applying and enrolling at Big Bend Community College regardless of your G.I. Bill eligibility, should immediately fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Information about FAFSA forms are available on the Big Bend Community College Website. Please Note: The GI Bill Educational Benefits mentioned on our website are available to flight students enrolled into Big Bend Community College.

Veterans enrolled directly into Inland Helicopters, and not enrolled at Big Bend Community, may be still eligible to access limited VA Educational Benefits. For more information regarding your individual benefit allocation please contact the VA, or call Inland Helicopters (509) 793-2085.


Questions? Need more information? We’re happy to help.

Call (509) 793-2085


E-mail Heathd@bigbend.edu

Print Friendly